Vitamin E Cream Skin Barrier
Blackmores Natural Vitamin E Cream Skin Barrier helps protect the skin from the harsh environment and hydrates and softens the skin without artificial colours or fragrances.
- Provides nutritional and botanical ingredients in a cream base
- Botanical ingredients DepollutineTM and PhytoVieTM with grapeseed oil
- Contains a range of skin conditioners, emollients and humectants designed to moisturize the skin such as
- Apricot kernel oil
- Avocado oil
- No artificial colours or fragrances
How it Works
- Contains natural vitamin E combined with the hydrating and soothing effects of microalgae with grapeseed oil to soften the skin
- Helps to
- Form a film on the skin
- Protect skin from environmental pollutants
- Moisturise and replenish skin
Directions for Use
- After cleansing, gently massage a small amount of cream evenly over skin. For best results use twice daily.
- If irritation develops, discontinue use.
Purified water, glycerin, lanolin, tocopheryl acetate (natural vitamin E), cetyl alcohol, myristyl myristate, Vitis vinifera (Grape) seed oil, Brassica campestris/Aleurites fordi oil copolymer, polysorbate 60, sorbitan monostearate, Persea gratissima (Avocado) oil, Prunus armeniaca (Apricot) kernel oil, hydroxyacetophenone, linoleic acid, retinyl palmitate (vitamin A), arginine PCA, Helianthus annus (Sunflower) seed oil, tocopherol, Phaeodactylum tricornutum extract, linolenic acid, glyceryl stearate, carbomer, phenoxyethanol, triethanolamine. Free from artificial colours or fragrances.
DepollutineTM is a blend of arginine PCA and Phaeodactylum tricornutum extract, a moisturising microalgae.
PhytoVieTM Defense is a copolymer of the plant derived skin conditioning oils Brassica campestris (Rapeseed) oil and Aleurites fordi (Tung) oil. This blend contains fatty acids which form a film on the skin, providing a barrier to environmental pollutants.
Vitis vinifera (grape) seed oil contains antioxidants which help provide the skin with a protective topical barrier against environmental damage.
Vitamin E is naturally present in healthy skin.
Vitamin E functions as skin conditioner and to protect skin cells from environmental damage.
Lanolin has a very similar function to our skin's natural sebum. Both lanolin and sebum form a protective waterproof barrier on the skin and act to protect the skin and keep it from becoming dry, brittle and cracked by dehydration.
Botanical oils such as Vitis vinifera (Grape) seed oil and Brassica campestris (Rapeseed) oil are rich in omega-6 and omega-9 fatty acids which help form a protective film on the skin to shield it from environmental pollutants, while at the same time maintaining the skin's condition.
How to care for healthy skin
- Sun protection: use sunscreen, wear protective clothing and stay in the shade in the hottest part of the day
- Don't smoke: smoking ages the skin by accelerating damage to collagen and elastin. This means more wrinkles
- Shower or bath in luke warm water for a short time, rather than long, hot showers that strip the skin of its natural oils
- Moisturise dry skin
- Avoid strong soaps as they can strip the oils from your skin. Choose a mild cleanser.
- Eat a healthy balanced diet with lots of fresh fruits, vegetables, lean protein, fish, nuts and seeds. These antioxidant rich foods seem to have a protective effect on the ski
When to recommend this product
- For those with dry skin who want added protection from environmental pollutants.