Vitamin E Cream + Lanolin
Natural Vitamin E Cream + Lanolin is a rich and soothing moisturising cream to protect and replenish the skin. Blackmores Natural Vitamin E Cream + Lanolin provides a natural source of vitamin E and natural lanolin derived from sheep wool to soothe the skin,while being free from artificial colours or fragrances.
- Provides a natural source of vitamin E
- Includes natural lanolin derived from sheep wool
- No artificial colours or fragrances
- Contains avocado and apricot kernel oils (emollients) and sunflower oil (antioxidant)
How it works
- Nourish and sooth the skin
- Prevent moisture loss and lock in moisture
- Protect and replenish the skin
- Provide skin antioxidant support (vitamin E)
Directions for Use
- After cleansing, gently massage a small amount of cream evenly over skin. For best results use twice dail
- If irritation develops, discontinue use.
Purified water, lanolin, glycerin, tocopheryl acetate, cetyl alcohol, myristylmyristate,polysorbate 60, sorbitan monostearate, Persea gratissima (avocado) oil, Prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, glyceryl stearate, glyceryl linoleate, retinyl palmitate, Helianthus annus (sunflower) seed oil, glyceryl linolenate, tocopherol, carbomer, triethanolamine, phenoxyethanol, hydroxyacetophenone.
Free from artificial colours or fragrances.
What is Lanolin?
Lanolin is the purified secretionfrom sheep sebaceous glands and is found on sheep wool. The raw material has been referred to as wool wax or wool fat. Lanolin comprises 10-25% of the weight of sheared wool.
Lanolin displays strong emollient properties. An emollient has the effect of softening and soothing the skin. Lanolin is also penetrating and emulsifying and therefore, blends well with nearly all other substances used in cosmetic preparations and aids in their diffusion into the skin.
Antioxidants and skin health?
Vitamin E is naturally found in the skin, especially the upper layers and is a significant constituent in human sebum. Sebum is the skin's oily secretion and the presence of vitamin E may serve to help protect sebum from oxidation/degradation.
Vitamin E has long been used in the cosmetics industry due to its antioxidant activity and skin conditioning effects. As an antioxidant, vitamin E may preserve healthy sebum and protect cells from the damage caused by free radicles.
How to help maintain skin moisture
Lanolin and vitamin E are fat soluble, meaning that they blend well with oil, including sebum; the skin's natural oily secretion. They also repel water and act to waterproof the skin, keeping it from becoming dry, brittle and cracked by dehydration.
Lanolin's penetrating emollient properties form a thick layer on the surface of the skin to help reduce the evaporation of water from the deeper layers, maintaining the skin's hydration and protecting it from drying out.
Skin hydration can also be maintained through good diet and lifestyle practices. These include:
- Apply a skin moisturising formula such as Blackmores Vitamin E Cream + Lanolin twice daily
- Drink the recommended 2 liters of water per day (additional amounts when exercising)
- When consuming the recommended 5 serves of vegetables and 2 serves of fruit each day, include hydrating options such as watermelon, cantaloupe, oranges, coconut, tomatoes, cucumber and zucchini
- Avoid and protect against prolonged sun exposure
- Reduce exposure to drying air-conditioned environments
When to recommend this product
For customers who:
- Have dry skin
- Live in harsh climates
- Are exposed to drying environments
- Want to protect against skin moisture loss
- Want a skin cream with antioxidants and natural lanolin