Vitamin E Cream Firm & Smooth
Moisturising support to help reduce the appearance of fine wrinkles
Blackmores Natural Vitamin E Cream Firm & Smooth helps moisturise and firm the skin and reduce the appearance of fine wrinkles without artificial colours or fragrances.
- Free from artificial colours or fragrances
- Contains a range of skin conditioners, emollients and humectants designed to moisturise the skin including lanolin, apricot kernel oil and avocado oil
How it Works
- Provides moisturising support and helps firm the skin and reduce the appearance of fine wrinkles
- Provides nutritional and botanical ingredients in a cream base
Directions for Use
- After cleansing, gently massage a small amount of cream evenly over skin. For best results use twice daily.
- If irritation develops, discontinue use.
Purified water, glycerin, lanolin, tocopheryl acetate (natural vitamin E), cetyl alcohol, myristyl myristate, Persea gratissima (Avocado) oil, Prunus armeniaca (Apricot) kernel oil, polysorbate 60, Acacia senegal gum, sorbitan monostearate, Calophyllum inophyllum (Tamanu) seed oil, hydroxyacetophenone, linoleic acid, retinyl palmitate (vitamin A), Helianthus annus (sunflower) seed oil, tocopherol, Crocus chrysanthus (Snow crocus) bulb extract, linolenic acid, glyceryl stearate, carbomer, phenoxyethanol, triethanolamine. Free from artificial colours or fragrances.
DermcomTM features snow crocus bulb extract and research suggests that after two weeks of application (2% crocus bulb extract cream, twice daily), an improvement in skin firmness and skin elasticity can be seen. During the same time frame, wrinkle depth around the eyes may be reduced by 9%.1
Tamanu (Calophyllum inophyllum) seed oil contains fatty acids (including calophyllic acid) which are emollients. Emollients are used to improve the overall appearance and texture of the skin by helping to fill crevices of fine lines, increasing softness and smoothness.
Avocado and apricot kernel oils help sustain and condition the skin and the fatty acids these oils contain nourish the skin.
Retinyl palmitate acts as a source of nourishing vitamin A for the skin.
Vitamin E is naturally present in healthy skin. Applying vitamin E to the skin's surface provides additional protection.
Vitamin E is naturally present in healthy skin. Vitamin E functions as skin conditioner and to protect skin cells from environmental damage therefore applying vitamin E to the skin's surface provides additional protection.
Lanolin has a very similar function to our skin's natural sebum. Both lanolin and sebum form a protective waterproof barrier on the skin and act to protect the skin and keep it from becoming dry, brittle and cracked by dehydration.
1Schmid D et al. Stimulation of growth factor communication between epidermis and dermis by Crocus chrysanthus bulb extract. Unpublished - Mibelle Group Biochemistry. 2012. Trademarks are the property of the licensor and are used under licence.
Diet and lifestyle tips for healthy skin
- Be sun safe by applying a broad spectrum sunscreen to exposed skin every two hours. Also seek out shade
- during the hours around midday and wear a hat and/or protective clothing when out enjoying the sun
- Don't smoke which can deplete the skin of oxygen and nutrients
- Avoid long or hot baths and showers which remove natural oils from your skin
- Moisturise dry skin
- Eat a healthy balanced diet to feed your skin from the inside out
- Reduce stress which can make your skin more sensitive
When to recommend this product
- With dry skin and fine wrinkles who want added moistening support and firmer skin