Blackmores Luminous is a refreshing botanical beverage suitable for maintaining healthy skin. It contains a blend of pomegranate, olive fruit, sea buckthorn and amla (Indian gooseberry extract) to give your complexion nourishment from within.
- Refreshing botanical beverage with pomegranate and red grape juice
- Contains a blend of pomegranate, olive fruit, sea buckthorn and amla (Indian gooseberry extract) to give your complexion nourishment from within
- Antioxidant-rich formula which scavenges free radicals caused by ageing
- Helps support skin health during exposure to UVB light
- May help minimize the formation of melanin which results in dull skin and dark spots
Directions for use
- Take 1 bottle a day
- Shake well before drinking. Best served chilled.
- Not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women.
Who should use Blackmores Luminous?
- People who want a natural product for improving skin brightness, skin moisture and combat wrinkles
- People who want a plant-based product to improve or maintain healthy and luminous skin.
Pomegranate (Punica granatum) fruit extract
Hytolive Olive fruit extract
Sea buckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides) fruit extract
Amla (Phyllanthus emblica) fruit extract
Other: Water, Erythritol, Red Grape juice concentrate, Pomegranate juice concentrate, Sea Buckthorn pure fruit juice, Xantham gum, Citric acid
No added salt, yeast, gluten, wheat, milk derivatives, preservatives, artificial colour/sweeteners.
- Pomegranate (Punica granatum L.) is an ancient fruit used for its therapeutic qualities.
- Studies found that the fruit is a potent antioxidant, superior to red wine and equal to or better than green tea.
- Utilize a patented nano-delivery technology to penetrate skin cells effectively.
Sea buckthorn fruit
- Sea buckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides) is well known in Asia - China and India
- Rich in Vitamin E, Vitamin C, phenolic compounds and carotenoids
- May be beneficial as natural ultraviolet light fighter when used externally and has skin-regenerating properties
- May reduce tissue inflammation and freckles
- Olive fruit (olea europaea) contains potent antioxidants which can significantly protect body cells from oxidative damage.
- Has antioxidant effects more than Vitamin C & E and comparable to lycopene.
Amla (Indian gooseberry)
- Amla (Emblica officinalis) is well known in Malaysia, India and China
- Amla is known to contain vitamin C, amino acids and minerals. Vitamin C levels are more than those in oranges and lemons
- Is associated with free radical scavenging as part of its antioxidant properties and may have anti-inflammatory activities on the skin
- May provide protection dermal fibroblasts against oxidative stress and may stimulate proliferation of fibroblasts which may lead to increased production of collagen in skin
Recommended companion products
- Blackmores Collagen Drink 10,000mg
- Blackmores Grape Seed Forte
- Blackmores Natural Vitamin E Cream range
Blackmores Luminous study results*
- Melanin content is reduced by 9.8% by week 8 in all subjects
- Product seems to work by inhibiting melanin, hence making the skin 'brighter' and 'clearer'
- Skin moisture is improved by 19.4%; Transepidermal Water Loss (TEWL) is reduced by 18.4%
- Percentage of positive response from subjects for moisture and elasticity after consuming product was 73.3%
Skin Elasticity and Wrinkles
- Skin elasticity is improved by 11.3% in all subjects; skin texture is improved by 20.9% by week 8
- The analysis results revealed skin wrinkles significantly declined by 20.9%
*Study conducted on individuals aged 30-45 years old for 8 weeks with a dosage of 1 bottle (60ml) a day
Melanin content of subjects on week 0, 1, 2, 4, 6 and 8 of the trial. (Significant difference from baseline at **, p < 0.01; ***, p < 0.001)
Skin moisture content of subjects on week 0, 1, 2, 4, 6 and 8 of the trial. (Significant difference from baseline at *, p < 0.05; ***, p < 0.001)
Transepidermal water loss of subjects on week 0, 1, 2, 4, 6 and 8 of the trial. (Significant difference from baseline at *, p < 0.05)