What is Naturopathy?
Maurice Blackmore, the founder, was Australia’s pioneering naturopath who believes in the health-giving properties of herbs and minerals. This led him to develop a whole system of healthcare based on naturopathic principles.
Naturopathy is a philosophy of life and an approach to living. It is the belief in living a lifestyle as close to nature as possible. It is a system which focuses on building health and encouraging the body’s self-healing process through holistic health education with the ultimate goal of achieving holistic health and well-being.
What are the principles of Naturopathy ?
1. The healing power of nature
- nature has the innate ability to heal
2. Identify and treat the cause
- there is always an underlying cause, be it physical or emotional
3. Do no harm
- a naturopath will not use treatments that may create other conditions
4. Treat the whole person
- when preparing a treatment plan, all aspects of a person’s being are taken into consideration
5. The physician as teacher
- a naturopath empowers the patient to take responsibility for his/her own health by teaching self-care
6. Prevention is better than cure
- a naturopath may remove toxic substances and situations from a patient’s lifestyle to prevent the onset
What is covered during a Naturopath & Holistic health consultation?