1. What are some other benefits of Blackmores IsoWhey Shakes?
Anyone can use Blackmores IsoWhey Shakes; it’s not all about weight management. You can enjoy a nutritious Blackmores IsoWhey Shakes fruit smoothie during the day as a source of protein, minerals and vitamins – nutrients that your body needs for lean muscle development, healthy bones, general wellbeing and other nutritional benefits.
2. I am a shift worker and I am not sure when to have Blackmores IsoWhey Shakes for “breakfast”. Do you have any suggestions as my sleep patterns are so irregular?
Losing weight when working irregular shifts is possible! The best time to have your Blackmores IsoWhey Shakes breakfast smoothie would still be after you wake up (even if it is at 7pm) as your body will need the energy and nutrition provided by Blackmores IsoWhey Shakes to kick start your “day”. Your biggest challenge will probably be avoiding sugary and fatty snacks. Try to pack healthy meals high in low-fat protein (such as skinless chicken breast) and have some almonds handy if you are feeling peckish throughout the night. Most of all, stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
3. I’ve been following the IsoWhey weight management program for 5 months and have lost 25 kilograms. I still have 30-40kg to go, but in the last 6 weeks it seems I have begun to plateau and haven’t lost much weight. Do you have any suggestions on how I can continue towards my weight-loss goal?
A new diet and exercise plan can shock the body into delivering fast results… that is, until the body adapts to the new routine. This is why variety is such an important part of the weight loss process. Mix things up by varying the foods that you are eating and your fitness routine. Keep a food diary to assess your diet, lifestyle, and exercise routine. Wear a pedometer to see how much physical activity you are achieving each day. Another thing to keep in mind is that the Isowhey Weight Management program also help you build muscle mass, and muscle weighs more than body fat. If you have increased muscle mass then you will weigh more... this is a good thing though, as more muscle mass assists with greater fat loss.
Remember: It's not all about the scales - but how your clothes fit!!
4. How much protein, kilojoules, carbohydrates and calories am I allowed to consume each day?
For the Rapid Kick Start Program, we recommend no more than 5000-6300 kilojoules (1200-1500 calories) daily.
Vegetables and fruit should be considered as your main source of carbohydrates while on the Rapid Kick Start Program. Once you've achieved your healthy weight and are looking to maintain this weight, complex whole grain carbohydrates can be introduced as part of the Lifelong Wellness Program.
The general amount of protein recommended per day is 1.0 – 1.5 g/kg (see Recommended Nutrient Intakes (RNI) for Malaysia). That means that if you are 70kg, you should be consuming at least 70g of proteins per day. Two serves of Blackmores IsoWhey Shakes per day gives you a total of 30g protein per day.
5. Does Blackmores IsoWhey Shakes need to be made fresh every time I have it? Or can it be made in the morning, for example, and then kept refrigerated until lunchtime? How would this affect the nutritional value?
We recommend that Blackmores IsoWhey Shakes is consumed immediately after blending or shaking. This is because its nutritional composition does change somewhat if left for too long. It also tastes so much better when freshly blended!
If you are having difficulty finding the time to blend your shakes, the Blackmores IsoWhey Shakes shaker is a great solution! Simply scoop your Blackmores IsoWhey Shakes powder into the shaker, add water or skim milk/milk substitute just prior to drinking, and shake! Voila! A tasty Blackmores IsoWhey Shakes!
6. The nutritional value of the Blackmores IsoWhey Shakes label is for the powder only, for when mixing with water, I assume. But what if I mix it with milk? Do I need to take that into account too?
It's true that the values on the label are for the powder.
Interestingly, people are divided on their preference for mixing Blackmores IsoWhey Shakes with water or milk, and it all really comes down to personal taste. If you haven't already tried it, we always suggest trying out water at least once. You never know - you just might love it, and save yourself some calories!
If you choose to mix it with skim milk, the nutritional differences between skim milk and water are minor and not something to worry about. Check your label before you add anything else into Blackmores IsoWhey Shakes! As a guide, 200mL of skim milk typically gives you an extra 68Cal (284kJ), 0.2g fat, 9.6g carbohydrates and 7.2g protein.Mixing with full cream is a whole other story and something that we generally do not recommend!
7. I have been using Blackmores IsoWhey Shakes for 3 days and I haven’t felt hungry. Is this normal?
Blackmores IsoWhey Shakes has a low glycaemic Index and is meant to create a feeling of satiety. It is perfectly normal to not feel hungry while on the Blackmores IsoWhey Shakes Program. If you are feeling bloated, this can sometimes occur when first starting a high protein diet. We've added digestive enzymes and probiotic bacteria to Blackmores IsoWhey Shakes to help the body cope with these changes, but it's possible that your digestive system is taking a little longer to adjust and it should subside after just a few days. If discomfort persists, or if you are concerned, don't be afraid to speak to your healthcare professional.
8. Should I expect any side effects?I am on my second day of Blackmores IsoWhey Shakes, and I am loving the chocolate flavour. I have only one problem: I’ve just had a bout of diarrhoea. Has this happened to anyone else and will it stop soon?
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing some tummy upsets. Diarrhoea can be caused by many things such as infections and even stress/anxiety. Make sure you are using Blackmores IsoWhey Shakes as directed on the label. Loose bowels, or more frequent visits to the bathroom, can also occur when first starting a high protein diet. It may indicate that your digestive system is taking some time to adjust to the change and should subside after just a few days. If your diarrhoea persists, you may want to check in with your healthcare professional to make sure everything is okay.
9. How many Blackmores IsoWhey Shakes should I take if I want to lose weight fast?
If you feel you need to shift quite a lot of weight, we suggest a maximum of two shakes a day in addition to appropriate exercise and lifestyle changes. Refer to our Rapid Kick Start Program.
10. I started my Blackmores IsoWhey Shakes Program on Monday and I feel great! I have Blackmores IsoWhey Shakes with a 200g tub of natural yoghurt for breakfast and add a fibre supplement too. Can I have Blackmores IsoWhey Shakes with natural yoghurt instead of skim milk? I find it keeps me fuller for longer.
Blackmores IsoWhey Shakes can be mixed with 200mL of water, juice, non-dairy beverage or low-fat natural yoghurt, and still produce the same effects as mixing it with low-fat milk. Adding a fibre supplement is also a great idea to create a greater sense of fullness if you think you might still feel hungry after your serving.
11. With regards to my food diet, can I have tins of mixed beans while on the IsoWheyManagement Program?
Tins of beans or mixed beans can be enjoyed once you have reached your healthy weight and are embarking on the Blackmores IsoWhey Shakes Sustain and Maintain Program. They are a great choice when introducing a greater variety of carbohydrates to your diet, as they are full of protein and dietary fibre. They are also loaded with complex carbohydrates which have low glycaemic index rating and thus provide energy over a sustained period of time.
If you are looking for some extra meal inspirations, tinned beans are delicious in salads, soups and casseroles!
12. Can I add my Blackmores IsoWhey Shakes to hot milk instead of cold?
We do not recommend consuming Blackmores IsoWhey Shakes with hot milk, as the whey in Blackmores IsoWhey Shakes will denature when heated. In other words, its composition changes, much in the same way as when eggs are scrambled and put into a frying pan - the egg changes as it is heated and becomes something different. Blackmores IsoWheyShakes's nutritional value is lost when heated, so best to have it as a cool, refreshing shake.
13. Can I eat avocados on the Blackmores IsoWhey Shakes Programs?
Yes, avocados are a great choice as part of the Blackmores IsoWhey Shakes Programs. They are nutrient-dense and contain monounsaturated fats which are much better than the saturated fats you get from fatty meat. Avocados are also a wonderful source of fibre and vitamins C and E, which are antioxidants and brilliant for the skin.
14. Can we drink diet soft drinks on theBlackmores IsoWhey Shakes Program?
It is not recommended to have diet soft drinks while on the Blackmores IsoWhey Shakes Program, as the focus is to make a lifestyle change and consume healthy foods. While diet drinks do not contain any calories, unfortunately they are full of artificial sweeteners which disrupt appetite control and are more likely to increase cravings.
A nice alternative is iced fruit teas - there are lots of great berry flavours available for an antioxidant hit! - but if you feel you must have soft drinks, remember: everything in moderation.
15. I have been experimenting with blending up strawberries and raspberries into my Blackmores IsoWhey Shakes and it has been great. Am I able to add any fruit I want, such as banana, or are there some fruits I need to stay away from?
It's good that you are adding some fruits to your shakes if you feel that you aren't completely full after drinking the shakes - it also boosts the nutritional benefits. The Isowhey Weight Management Program guide includes a list of fruits you can eat. While bananas aren't on the "Foods to Enjoy" list, it is still okay to include them in your shakes - just remember: everything in moderation! Even good foods shouldn't be eaten in too large a quantity.
16. Can we have low-fat dressing on our salads? I am not into bland food and don’t think much of balsamic vinegar.
Some low-fat dressings can be okay to add to food, however commercial brands of low-fat dressings tend to be loaded with sugar, salt and other additives, such as preservatives and thickeners - all things that you need to cut out from your diet to reduce your toxic load.
It is better to make your own dressings. A simple dressing of extra virgin olive oil, fresh lemon juice and fresh herbs could be an option, or, if you prefer oil-free, mix up some mustard with red wine. A third alternative is apple cider vinegar and water with some cracked pepper. A different one again is an Asian-style dressing with light soy sauce, ginger, fresh lime juice, rice wine vinegar and chilli if desired. The options are endless!
17. I love savoury biscuits – Are there any that I can eat on the Blackmores IsoWhey Shakes Programs or the type of food diet I should be following? Also, how many carbs should I consume per day?
Our answer here depends on which Blackmores IsoWhey Shakes Program you are following. If you are currently on the Rapid Kick Start Program, we recommend that you limit your carbohydrate intake (you will still be getting carbs from your fruit and veggie intake). If, however, you have achieved your healthy weight and are following the Sustain & Maintain Program, you may re-introduce more carbohydrates to your diet. We recommend complex carbohydrates which are low in GI and slow releasing - these will help keep you fuller for longer!
18. If I get hungry between shakes, what type of diet food can I have?
A handful of almonds or a piece of fruit (choose a lower GI fruits).
19. What rate of weight-loss can I look forward to?
There are several variables which determine how much weight you can expect to lose per week (such as your current weight, how closely you follow the program, etc.), but results from past studies indicate that the average weight-loss to be expected from consuming two Blackmores IsoWhey Shakes a day, plus regular exercise and a balanced diet, is one to two kilograms per week.
20. Can I use Blackmores IsoWhey Shakes while pregnant or breastfeeding?
We recommend you seek specific advice from your healthcare professional who can assess your personal health needs.
21. Could you please explain what whey protein is?
Whey protein is a high-quality, low allergenic and easily digested protein, which is highly beneficial as part of weight-loss management.