Consult your healthcare professional if the ulcers don't heal.
Painful sores on the mucous membranes of the mouth. Egg-shaped ulcers with a white centre
- Food allergy
- Acid fruits
- Viral or bacterial infections
- Poor oral hygiene, such as brushing teeth too vigorously
- Gum disease
- Vitamin B deficiency
- Immune system dysfunction
- Poor digestive function
- Supplement with a B vitamin plus vitamin C complex
- Digestive bitters can help improve digestion
- Rinse mouth with warm filtered salt water before bed each night after cleaning teeth
- A mixture of oil of cloves and tea tree oil 50/50 can help with the pain and infection caused by mouth ulcers. Apply a very small dab onto the ulcer
Life Style Factors
Eat more red and yellow vegetables, wholegrain breads and cereals, non-citrus fruit, lean meats and seafood. Repeated attacks could be a sign of being run down. Ensure you undertake moderate exercise, get plenty of fresh air and adequate sleep.
Avoid spicy foods and any food known to cause problems, and reduce stress.
Cookies help us improve your website experience.