“Happiness is winning a gold bar” Chinese New Year 2022 Contest Terms & Conditions:
This contest is organized by Blackmores (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. (“Blackmores Malaysia”) ("Contest"). The Contest is governed by the terms and conditions (including any amendments made thereto by Blackmores Malaysia from time to time) herein contained (“Terms and Conditions”). By participating in the Contest, it shall be deemed that you have read, understood and accepted the Terms and Conditions, any other relevant terms applicable and available on Blackmores Malaysia’s platforms and the decisions of Blackmores Malaysia, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Please do not proceed with the participation of the Contest if you do not accept any of these.
To participate in the Contest, a contestant must:
- be a legal resident of Malaysia; and
- hold a valid NRIC/MyKad.
The following groups of persons shall not be eligible to participate in the Contest:
- Blackmores Malaysia’s permanent and/or contract employees and their immediate family members (children, parents, brothers, sisters and spouses).
- Blackmores Malaysia’s advertising agencies, retail, promotions, events and public relations partners, as well as their immediate family members (children, parents, brothers, sisters and spouses).
3) Contest Period
The Contest begins from 1 January 2022 at 12.00 AM and ends on 28 February 2022 at 11.59 PM (“Contest Period”). All entries received before or after the Contest Period shall automatically be disqualified.
4) To Participate
- To participate in the Contest, a contestant must purchase at least one (1) Blackmores “Auspicious” or “Prosperity” gift box (“Gift Box”) from any participating outlets, including online stores within the Contest Period. Thereafter, submit your proof of purchase (full clear photo of receipt) together with your new year wishes in one word by WhatsApp to 011 5174 0268 within the Contest Period.
- For online purchases, contestants are required to screenshot the order details for their online purchases from official online website/social media which must show a “Delivered” status and/or invoice (from email) with successful transaction status.
- Each contestant may send more than ONE (1) entry. Each purchase of ONE (1) Gift Box is eligible for ONE (1) entry. Multiple purchases of Gift Boxes will entitle you to multiple entries.
- Each receipt / invoice can only be used once. The entries will be disqualified if the same receipt / invoice is used for more than ONE (1) entry.
- Contestants will also need to provide their full name (based on NRIC/MyKad) and NRIC/MyKad number by WhatsApp to 011 5174 0268.
- Contestants must retain ALL original printed receipts as proof of purchase. Only valid receipts (including printed e-receipts from online purchases) dated within the Contest Period will be accepted.
5) Winning Selection & Announcement
- Winners will be selected by Blackmores Malaysia in its sole and absolute discretion based on the answers submitted by the contestants.
- A total of 20 winners will be selected at the end of the Contest Period. Each winner is only entitled to one prize.
- Blackmores Malaysia may opt to announce the results of the Contest in its social media page and/or other online platforms owned and operated by us (e.g., Blackmores website) after the end of Contest Period.
- We will notify the winners via WhatsApp (“Notification”). In the Notification, we may ask for your personal information for verification purposes and/or to arrange for delivery/collection of the prizes.
- Each winner is required to respond to the Notification and provide their details (full name based on NRIC/MyKad, mobile number and e-mail address) within SEVEN (7) working days from the date of the Notification. A failure to do so will result in a forfeiture of the prizes and Blackmores Malaysia reserves the right to select another winner and/or dispose of the prizes without any compensation and further notice at its sole and absolute discretion.
- Blackmores Malaysia reserves the right to disqualify or reject, at its sole and absolute discretion, any contestants and/or revoke or forfeit any of the prizes at any stage of the Contest if Blackmores Malaysia is of the opinion that:
- The contestant is not eligible in accordance with the Terms and Conditions;
- The entries are incomplete and/or there is a failure to comply with any of the Terms and Conditions;
- The contestant has breached any of the Terms and Conditions or other rules and regulations of the Contest or violated any applicable laws and regulations;
- The contestant has undermined or tampered or attempted to undermine or tamper with the operation or process of the Contest in any way whatsoever, including but not limited to fraud, cheating or deception.
- Prizes: 20 winners x 1g gold bar for each winner.
- Prizes may be subject to additional terms and conditions and it is the winner’s responsibility to read and understand such terms and conditions.
- Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable for cash or other deals or goods or credit of any kind. Blackmores Malaysia reserves the right at its absolute discretion to substitute any of the prizes with alternative prizes of similar value at any time without giving notice. The prizes are given on an “as is” basis.
- Blackmores Malaysia reserves the right to request from the winner proof of his/her identification before giving out the prize.
7) Disclaimer and Right of Blackmores Malaysia
The contestants understand and agree that the participation in the Contest is solely at his/her own risk. The contestants agree to assume full liability and responsibility in all matters arising out of or in connection with the Contest including any liability, damages or claim and agree to release and hold Blackmores Malaysia, its partners and affiliates harmless from any such liability, damages or claim. Blackmores Malaysia shall not under any circumstances be liable to any contestants or other person whether in tort, contract, statute or otherwise for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages and costs, and for damages for any loss of profit or revenue or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with any use of, access to, participation or inability to use or access or participate in the Contest to the extent permitted by law. Blackmores Malaysia makes no warranty or representation of any kind, including but without limitation to the following:
- the continuous, uninterrupted, and error-free operation of the Contest;
- the accuracy of the information or statement provided in the Contest communication materials and herein; or
- the quality, suitability, safety and security of the systems, processes or programmes used to operate the Contest.
The contestants acknowledge and agree that to the fullest extent permitted by law, Blackmores Malaysia, its partners and affiliates disclaim all liabilities and shall not be held responsible for any claims for damages, losses, costs and/or expenses arising from or related to the Contest and the delivery or conveyance of the prizes to the winners (including any loss or damage to the prizes). Whilst Blackmores Malaysia may arrange for the delivery of the prizes to the winners, it is under no obligation to check and ensure that the winners have received their prizes thereafter.
By participating in the Contest, the contestants grant Blackmores Malaysia and its partners and affiliates an irrevocable, royalty free, perpetual, licence to use their Contest entry(ies) (including all copyrighted material contained therein) and/or to feature them and the contestants in any advertising or promotional material or other publications of Blackmores Malaysia (including release of their photographs) as well as the right to use their personal data for the purposes of the Contest or for marketing purposes without any compensation or notification whatsoever. The winners undertake to provide such documents in this regard as may be requested by Blackmores Malaysia.
8) Intellectual Property Rights and Indemnity
The Contest and any information available on it including, but not limited to, text, graphics, photographs, diagrams, symbols, icons, images, music, source codes, softwares and trademarks (including the collection, arrangement and compilation of such information), are protected by copyright, design, trade mark and other intellectual property rights owned by or licensed to Blackmores Malaysia, its licensors or other third parties.
Save where such usage is expressly permitted by statute, the contestants are not allowed to copy, use, adapt, reproduce, publish, upload, download, post, transmit, broadcast, sell, store in any retrieval system, modify, alter, display in public or distribute in whatsoever manner any contents of the Contest, whether in whole or in part, for any purpose whatsoever without the prior written approval of Blackmores Malaysia. Where expressly permitted by statute, the contestants may only download materials displayed on the Contest for non-commercial, personal use only as long as the contestants keep all copyright, design, trade mark and other proprietary rights and notices intact.
All submissions made by the contestants must be the original work of the contestants and the contestants must not infringe the copyright or any intellectual property right of any party. Each contestant shall indemnify and keep Blackmores Malaysia, its partners and affiliates indemnified against all losses, damages, fines, penalties, costs, expenses, claims, actions and/or proceedings that Blackmores Malaysia, its partners and affiliates may incur and/or suffer as a result of the contestant’s breach of this term.
9) Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”)
- By participating in the Contest, you consent to Blackmores Malaysia collecting, using, storing, processing and disclosing to any third parties (including the partners and affiliates of Blackmores Malaysia) personal data provided by you for the purposes of the Contest and for activities relating to or arising from the course of business of Blackmores Malaysia including but not limited to marketing, publicity, commercial or trade, economic efficiency and administration purposes without further notification or compensation payable.
10) Other Terms
Blackmores Malaysia reserves the right to change, suspend or alter the terms and conditions of the Contest, or terminate, vary or suspend the Contest, at any time and for any reason.
Blackmores Malaysia’s decisions on all matters relating to the Contest are final and binding and no correspondence, objections or appeals will be entertained.