What is Naturopathy?
Maurice Blackmore, the founder, was Australia’s pioneering naturopath who believes in the health-giving properties of herbs and minerals. This led him to develop a whole system of healthcare based on naturopathic principles.
Naturopathy is a philosophy of life and an approach to living. It is the belief in living a lifestyle as close to nature as possible. It is a system which focuses on building health and encouraging the body’s self-healing process through holistic health education with the ultimate goal of achieving holistic health and well-being.
What are the principles of Naturopathy ?
1. The healing power of nature
- nature has the innate ability to heal
2. Identify and treat the cause
- there is always an underlying cause, be it physical or emotional
3. Do no harm
- a naturopath will not use treatments that may create other conditions
4. Treat the whole person
- when preparing a treatment plan, all aspects of a person’s being are taken into consideration
5. The physician as teacher
- a naturopath empowers the patient to take responsibility for his/her own health by teaching self-care
6. Prevention is better than cure
- a naturopath may remove toxic substances and situations from a patient’s lifestyle to prevent the onset
What is covered during a Naturopath & Holistic health consultation?
Iridology is the examination and analysis of the coloured portion of the eye, the iris, in order to determine factors that may be important in the prevention and treatment of a health issue, as well as in the attainment of optimum health.
One of the advantages of iridology is that it can reveal the strength and weaknesses of the individual’s health. An iris may suggest if there is an issue, more than one organ may be involved or that some emotional or mental element exists.
Who is it for?
If you want help to improve your fitness, drop your stress levels, lose weight, detox, achieve better nutrition or simply optimise your health, the Blackmores Naturopathic & Holistic Health Consultation is for you.
Where can go for the Naturopath consult?
Visit us at our newly opened Blackmores Concept Stores to find out more about our Blackmores Naturopathic & Holistic Health Consultation by qualified Naturopaths. Our Concept Stores are located at Queensbay Mall (Penang), Mid Valley Megamall (KL) and Permaisuri Imperial City Mall (Miri, Sarawak). Vouchers for the consultation are available for sale and all consultations is by appointment only.
Call us at 04-642 9228 (Penang), 03-2202 3380 (KL) or 085 431428 (Miri) (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm).